Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Organize Storage Space in Your Kitchen.


There is nothing worse than a messy anything but especially a kitchen. I know "space" may be an issue and trust me I have a kitchen that is about the size of a hallway so I sympathize with you. There are some things that I have done to organize my kitchen better and you can too! First and foremost get RID of stuff you never use...I know you say well someday I will use it, but if you have not used it by NOW; you probably will never (sell items on craigslist, garage sale, antique shop, or donate). If the time comes and you need something that you gave away than you will buy an updated prettier version anyways! 
Here is a list of things to get rid of...


* Chipped or broken dishes, glasses, and mugs.
* Duplicate sets of items.
* Pots, pans, utensils, and bake ware that are burnt or rusted.
* Excess stemware.
* Excess plastic containers (yes that tupperware that is overflowing USEFUL space), bags, and jars.
* Ugly souvenir glasses and mugs. (My side note: unless you love and use them)
* Plastic tumblers, if your kids are all grown up. Save a few for the grandchildren if you have any.

(love these drawer organizers by IKEA)
(This saved my life...literally all those pans took up so much storage in my cabinet: Grundal Rack, Ikea)
(Every time I open my cabinet with the pot and pan lids, they fall out, seriously the death of me! So here is my solution, my man will be so happy he doesn't need to hear me cuss the lids ever again =])


(Stack your dishes, bowls, and mugs...I think it looks cute especially if you have open glass cabinets)

How do you organize your storage space in your kitchen? Any great tips to share? 

No comments:

Post a Comment