Monday, November 1, 2010

A Guest Comes to Visit

I hope you all had a Happy Halloween! I am having a great friend from college come visit me this weekend! Very exciting I wanted to share with you how I prepare for a guest's stay.

Having a guest stay with you means a couple of different things. Time to get your place organized, get your errands done in advance (more time to spend with your guest) and of course being flexible to their needs.

I have made a 5 Step Checklist that I will use this week...

1) Grocery list: Ask your guest for any special items they made need (ex: what they like for breakfast) I just make sure I am stocked up on basics (OJ, oatmeal, eggs, cereal, some snacks, water bottles, wine, beer)

2) Offer transportation: If you can pick them up from the airport, do it. If like me, you live in the city, search transportation options for them.

3) Make itinerary for their stay (ask your guest what she/he would like to do) Sometimes your guest will just say spending time with you is great, but I like to be prepared with options and plans rather than wasting hours on deciding what to do next.

4) Figure out where they are going to sleep. Make sure you have extra clean sheets, pillows, towels, ect. If you do not have a guest room or pullout sofa, you may want to invest in a air mattress. I like the Aerobed collection. The best component of air mattresses is that they are easy to store!

5) If you are working and your guest will be alone for some of the trip, offer points of interest for your guest to visit (get a map and circle the areas you think she/he may enjoy!)

I will write up my itinerary and points of interest this week to share with you for NYC.

Happy Monday! Bundle up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment