Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Making Plans for a Friend's Visit


I can't believe tomorrow is already Thursday! Isn't time flying fast these days? Well my friend, Rachel, arrives tomorrow. Super excited! I thought I would share our plans with you, so when some of you have friends visiting you could get ideas of what to do in this great city. As I mentioned in a previous posting, I think organizing plans for your guest's arrival is critical in that it makes it stress free, therefore giving you more time to spend with your guest!

Thursday: I am working, so I have made a list for Rachel to take along with her. At night I am hosting a game night with my friends (dorky I know, but trust me it is so much fun!). I am making appetizers and I told everyone to bring a bottle of wine (ha yes you need wine to make the competition in people come out!) We will be playing Cranium Wow which is a blast if you have never played before.

Friday: Again I am working and Rachel may tag along for a bit, but the list I am sure will keep her busy. At night we are going to Lime Jungle in Hells Kitchen. Their margaritas are organic and so tasty! I think so many restaurants make their margaritas wrong, but this place has perfected them. They even opened another restaurant with the same name 5 blocks down (that has got to say something about the food!) Afterwards we will head down towards the West/East Village for some dancing?

Saturday: If it is a nice day I would love to take Rachel down to the Brooklyn Bridge and walk across it. This is my favorite bridge, as the views are spectacular. Once you cross the bridge and stay towards your right you land in a place called Dumbo (sounds so disney). There is this amazing bakery called New Almondine. Usually I just grab something from here and sit outside by the park (may be too cold for that, we'll see). We will probably spend the rest of the day shopping in Brooklyn and Manhattan. At night we are going to see a 9PM showing at Broadway Comedy. I got a great deal on tickets by going to nytix.com. $5 cover charge plus a 2 drink minimum, which is pretty standard at most comedy clubs in the nyc.

I will post my NYC list of things to do for Rachel tomorrow! Sleep tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment