Thursday, October 21, 2010

Organize your closet.



Closets are made to hide our clutter. Correct? Yes and No...I would say closets are a great way to hide your vacuum or your yellow poncho from the 1980's that not everybody needs to see you still have. But closets should be ACCESSIBLE. Honestly, if it is organized and you can take items in and out, well thats the key to great closet space! If you are thinking well I just need to hide items and not get to them, than my suggestion to you is: toss it out, sell it, or give the items to Salvation Army (http://www.use.salvationarmy.org/).

I tackled my living room closet today (1 of 3 closets in my NYC apartment).

Items I tossed:
-Extra shopping bags (great to have on hand, but you don't need 50, especially when nowadays we have the reusable bags) (RECYCLE THESE!!)
-winter jacket
-boxes of items I had bought (When the time comes to move you can figure it out, but why waste space with empty boxes especially when space is limited)
-broken lamp
-paint cans (Just log the name of the paint somewhere)
-left over wood from bookshelf

Key Ideas*
-Hangers should all be the same. It looks neater in my opinion and keep some extras for when guests come over.
-I got 1 tin can that I had laying around my apartment and threw all my odd items in it (iron, flash lights, extension cord, extra light bulbs, ect.)

stay tuned for organizing a fridge!



No comments:

Post a Comment