Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How to get salt stains off your leather boots!


Good Afternoon! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and enjoyed the snowstorm! I love the snow but after about a day of having a snow storm in NYC-it is one big mess! One thing that bugs me the most is there is salt everywhere! A big killer for shoes! Yesterday, I was having lunch with a friend of mine and wore leather boots instead of rain boots which was a huge mistake since there was puddles of water, snow, and salt everywhere. We also ended up at the same restaurant but in different locations. Yes there is two Cafe Gitanes in NYC! It is so delicious (definitely try it out, one in Soho and one in the West Village). After about a day of city wandering, I woke up to gross salt stained boots! I was so disappointed but tried this trick!

Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar with one cup of water. Dip a clean soft rag in the liquid and wipe the salt stains. Allow to dry and they should look as good as new. If you want to add some shine take a banana peel and rub all over boot, to get the banana out of zipper take a tooth brush. I then spray my boots again with leather protector (obviously let dry over night!)



1 comment:

  1. wow dez! I am definitely doing this tonight! i cant believe i was going to pay a shoemaker to fix this, love love love your ideas! xoxoxo rachie

    ReplyDelete